Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust
We are collecting unwanted goods for the Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust, a registered UK charity based in Worcester. The aim of the trust is the relief of sickness and the preservation of health of children and young adults in the community.
Why Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust?
World Cancer Day is the 4th of February and we were looking to do some kind of fundraising/charity event to support this cause. We are also keen to support local charities and the Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust is only a few miles away from our office. Upon finding out more we discovered that they support many causes, including charities which help people diagnosed with cancer.
The Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust donates all of its proceeds to the different charities and organisations it supports.
The following children's wards are the current nominated causes for the trust:
- The Cheethams Children's Ward at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire;
- The Children's Ward at the Queens Hospital, Burton on Trent;
- The Battledown Children's Ward at the Cheltenham General;
- The Derbyshire Children's Hospital at the Derbyshire Royal Hospital;
- The Riverbank Children's Ward at Worcestershire Royal Hospital; and
- The Children's Ward at Hereford County Hospital.
The charity also supports Teenage Cancer Trust, which is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life, and chance of survival, for young people diagnosed with cancer.
Want to get involved?
We have invited all of the Elgar Business Centre businesses to donate as much as they can, but if you wanted to get involved you could either donate directly to the charity or use the map to find us, and drop the donations at our office.
Daisychain Benevolent Fund Trust address:
32 St Johns, Worcester, WR2 5AH.
You can donate...
- Goods: clean clothing, bric-a-brac, books, accessories, jewellery and unwanted gifts;
- Unwanted mobile phones (even if broken);
- Old and foreign currency; and
- Old and foreign stamps.